PTN MISSION:

Our mission is to bring together the Filipino educators in the Philippines and around the world, to give voice to our aspirations, to create a partnership with major education advocates and organizations, to advance the best possible innovative outreach and professional development projects for the teachers and students of the Philippines.


YOU CAN FIND US AT: http://pinoyteachersnetwork.blog-city.com

Pinoy Teachers Network: Sharing, Supporting and Exchanging Ideas Together

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBy: Elizabeth Genuino, ELL Teacher Carson California (USA), PTN Membership & Fellowship Moderator

If it's one thing that I definitely love about the teaching profession, it lies in the simple attitude of sharing. When I was just a brand new teacher working for school chartered specifically for high school probation students, the "veteran teachers" used to remind me that "a good teacher knows when to borrow, steal, tweak and exchange good ideas". I am still a rookie teacher, being one who has only taught for the past 7 years. Sharing and exchanging does make sense for practical classroom survival, and has helped me in the classroom over the years. I really enjoy it! If I don't network, I am not able to gain any new insight. Part of my growth as an educator is to meet other educators outside of the school yard. It is very difficult to expand as a teacher if you only surround yourself with teachers who only work in your school The ideal thing is to expand yourself and meet other excellent teachers. You can't keep learning from a stagnant pond.

I have done some expanding with my network and it has been amazing for me. There is a really neat circle of teachers in the blogging world. Their enthusiasm and passion for the teaching and learning process is catchy! Their insights and queries about education and the classroom life have greatly helped me reflect on my own teaching practices. The neat thing about this circle is that it is growing! I'm amazed and proud of what has been accomplished so far within this network of teachers. I'm pleased to be just one out of the many who have joined Pinoy Teachers Network. I have helped to greet new members as they first come into this unique circle.

Pinoy Teachers Network is a new organization, a seedling that was planted in July of 2005. I was contacted by Teacher Sol about forming a Pinoy Teachers Network last year. It was only an idea that a handful Pinoy teacher colleagues felt needed to form after keeping in touch through the network of Pinoy-blogging educators friendly exchanges of classroom experiences. A few of us collaborated on ideas about how to get together and build a community of educators by blogging about our experiences. It is very friendly and supportive. I have seen how much PTN has grown, and how it is continuing to branch out and help the teaching community. I hope that it continues to inspire and support many Pinoy educators out there!

Happy First Anniversary Pinoy Teachers Network! KAYANG KAYA BASTA SAMA SAMA.

PTN IS GLOBAL

Locations of visitors to this page

Pinoy Teachers Network has been a great help to new teachers here in America. More power to its Prime Movers who are always there to inform and facilitate the involvement of us teachers in any enriching activities. -- Perla Alega, PG County, Maryland--

Thanks to the Filipino Teachers behind PTN. This is a great start to an inspiring movement in the field of education around the globe! Let's continue in the growing process and keep ourselves connected! --- Liz Genuino, Los Angeles, CA ---

We have done well. Let us continue doing what we are doing and still do more. --Ma. Lourdes Ladrido, PhD, IloIlo Philippines--

Continue to stay focused so PTN can achieve its full potential... --- MS. HJAYCEELYN QUINTANA First Secretary & Consul Head, Cultural Section Embassy of The Philippines Washington DC--

RESOURCES FOR PINOY TEACHERS: